At Hazelbury, we listen, understand, empathise & support families to attend school.
We value every child and their right to an education. It is essential that each child’s attendance does not fall below 95% due to the impact this has on their attainment and progress (see below). ‘The future is us’ and we strive to ensure all children are safe, healthy and successful individuals.
Improving attendance is in everyone’s interest and is everyone’s business at Hazelbury. We work closely with the Education Welfare Officer to monitor absence and address poor attendance.
- The school day starts at 8:45am where all children are offered breakfast. All pupils should arrive at school on time, ready for learning.
- Registers are taken at 9:00am. Pupils arriving after the register has been taken will be marked as late (L).
- Pupils arriving after 9:15am will be marked as unauthorised lateness (U). All pupils should arrive at school on time, ready for learning.
School finishes at 3:15 and it is expected that children are collected promptly. If children are not collected by 3:30 they will be taken to the late room where lateness is recorded. Upon repeated late collection, children will attend after school club where parents may be charged for this service.
If your child is unable to come to school:
- If your child is going to be absent due to illness, please contact the school office on 0208 807 3140 option 2 before 9am.
- Please ensure you explain the reason for their absence, as we are required to keep records of why children are not in school. Please tell us the nature of your child's illness, for example, vomiting.
- For hospital/dental/GP appointments, please provide a copy of the appointment letter/card to the office either before the appointment or once your child has returned to school.
- If you need to request a day off for any other reason, please use this form which can also be collected from the school office.