Read Write Inc.
We all know that reading opens the door to all learning. A child who reads a lot will become a good reader. A good reader will be able to read challenging material. A child who reads challenging material is a child who will learn. The more a child learns, the more a child wants to find out. It is therefore vital that your child finds learning to read and write a rewarding and successful experience.
Here at Hazelbury Primary School, we use the phonics programme 'Read, Write, Inc. Phonics' to support our children with reading and writing. Our aim is for our children to be able to read with accuracy and confidence, and above all to love reading.
When using RWI to read, the children will:
- learn that sounds are represented by written letters;
- learn 44 sounds and the corresponding letter/ letter groups using simple picture prompts;
- learn how to blend sounds;
- learn to read using Fred Talk;
- read lively stories featuring words they have learned to sound out; and
- show that they comprehend the stories by answering questions.
The following link is designed to allow you to support your child in reading and saying the correct 'pure' sounds to enable their progress towards becoming confident readers.